Monday 11 February 2008

Freecycle



This good old chain hoist is our first transaction on Freecycle - an organisation well worth Googling and finding out about. The way I came by it was quite funny. I was at a country auction in Suffolk and put in a £1 starting bid. Well I ended up buying it for £1 ! The guy who took it is going to use it to put in engines and bodies on cars which he is restoring.


Got a whole load of that cherry from Kent yesterday. It's a bit cranky (what can you expect from orchard trees) but it's just about my favourite wood for spooncarving so I'll be making plenty of them and spatulas etc. The orchard was a scene of absolute devastation - all the trees uprooted by JCB and left for dead. They'll probably be shunted in to a pile and burned.

www.treewright.co.uk

No comments: