Wednesday 11 April 2018

BODGING GOOD FUN

So in with a new look...

Have decided to make some changes to the Bodging Style - not the actual workmanship but my approach to marketing my wares.  So out with the hessian cloths, they'll be back for the forest and woodland events, but for the indoor shows I've had a rather fetching piece of blue silk suggested so that's what I went with at the weekend.  It's a great Makers Market held in my old stomping ground in Wanstead on the London fringes of Epping Forest and the organizer really ensures that the folks selling their stuff do actually make it themselves.  So often I've attended 'hand made' events and half the stuff sold is imported from far flung places and although they are often made by hand it's been done using child labour or just cheap labour and I find this most frustrating.

 I'm also taking things specifically for the types of customers I think will turn up - I just get my crystal ball out and have a good guess at who's going to be there!  Last weekend I did take the right stuff although there wasn't the footfall I'd been wanting.  Still I've been thinking outside the box and looking for different venues.  I find it's easy to continue making the same type of things in the same style and it's a tried and tested formula but things need to progress and change.  I've been trying different tools out, experimenting with colour - very exciting and letting my imagination run riot.  So expect to see some completely new designs in the future - if they're not successful I can always use them as firewood!  With any luck I'll be finding out soon as I'll be showing them at the Makers Market at the Stour Space in Hackney Wick in East London on Sunday.  This will be an interesting try out for everything new and it's in an interesting place.  It's just on the edge of the Olympic Park and the river Lee so easy for folks to get to by bicycle via the towpath or cycle routes and loads of buses or trains and there are car parks nearby so all good news - I'll be letting everyone know how the day pans out and of course don't forget to come and introduce yourself and have a great chat about all things woody and anything else we can do to put the world to rights...

  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice blog. good product images are looking great. I really like these products. buy kitchen furniture online