Monday 20 February 2017

Bodging in Town

It's A Strange World For A Bodger

I find it so weird when I get asked to demonstrate at, say a country park, and when I get there I find no not here, it's just down the road in the town centre!  What is that all about?  I don't mind but I just wish I knew in advance - it's the type of kit you need to take.  I chatted at length with the organiser but then the plans are changed but no one person from the organisation passes the info on to me.  So why is there a problem?  It's not big but I like to nail my lathe to the ground with good solid wooden tent pegs just because it's the fashion for some folks to lean on anything they come into contact with.
No my lathe isn't going to topple over, but when you're turning and someone is bopping in rhythm to the treadle it doesn't make for the best finish. 























I was asked to set up in the car park at this little gig but sometimes you've just got to do your own thing so I took up the 'keep off the grass' sign and set up here.  Turns out (forgive the pun) that this was to showcase what could be a possibility at the Country Park but the powers that be thought no one would attend because of the mud!  Well mud is an occupational hazard of being a Bodger - wellies/stout boots are always around and generally when folks go into the country they are prepared.  I expect they look in their cupboard & think right platformed gold sandals - perfect for a walk in the woods or should it be my diamante Jimmy Choos - I just don't know what goes on in folks minds.  Note the safety tape - that was just to stop me running around wildly I expect.  It was a fantastic day in fact, plenty of chat and I put the 'keep off the grass' notice back at the end...

No comments: