Wednesday 8 December 2010

Bodger Dice

I came up with this little game which is simple to make and fun to play specially at the moment with the long, cold nights.  At first I called it 'Bodger Dice' as it's played a bit like Poker Dice but I now sell it under the name 'Chunx'.  It's good for getting the young ones to engage in a bit of simple maths and can get quite heated!

Turn a 2" billet from some nice straight grained timber - normally I use Sweet Chestnut.  Make some V grooves 1cm apart.  Sorry to mix metric and imperial but hey...


Saw them off

 Split them into 8 pieces of pie

How to play...


If anyone out there can't make them but would like a set I sell them for £4 a set + postage.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blimey! If you can think up games like this, just think what you could do if you turned your attention to astro-physics.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, Robin. I'll have to make Ellie a set.

But in the example wouldn't the second throw be of 6 chunx after keeping back the highest scoring pair of sixes? Or have I not understood the rules?

Hope you're well...

Andy